Super Mario's Wacky Worlds

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Nitrosoxide
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Nitrosoxide » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:33 am

Two questions

1. If 80% of art, 95% of design documents were completed, where are they. I think all of us would love to see all the artwork and ideas that were to be implemented in this game. Indeed it might even spark interest in making a remake.

Anyone tried to inquire about these lost treasures?

2. You mention 3 prototypes. How do each differ in regards to content? And is the one circulating the net the most complete one?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:01 am

for the second, if I remember it correctly, the one circulating was not the most finished one. I remember we had a talk about the differences of those prototypes before, but it may also differ on each CD-i player type. Not every player type was compatible to play the same levels, some crashes etcetera.

So maybe after all, the versions are the same. Now who actually has them? It will always be a fascinating title: Super Mario on the Philips CD-i

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:03 pm

Seems to be a Mario theme lately! Just published an interview from Trici Venola, the background artist on Hotel Mario :D

Few more surprises on that front. On to SMWW. I've played all the known prototypes and identified a player compatibility issue where only a select few levels are playable dependent on the CD-i model. This is what I mistook for varying levels of 'completeness'! So yes, the released version is as good as any you'll find.

Nitrosoxide
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Nitrosoxide » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:03 pm

What about my other question.

"If 80% of art, 95% of design documents were completed, where are they. I think all of us would love to see all the artwork and ideas that were to be implemented in this game. Indeed it might even spark interest in making a remake. "

You guys seemed to have contacted a good deal of the development team. So I was just wondering if you could get any insight into this. I'd love to see all these pieces of art and design documents released online.

Indeed if such a thing were to happen it would give the perfect opportunity for someone to attempt to remake and complete the game.