FMV game trouble

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

FMV game trouble

Post by Shroo-man » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:32 am

When playing Thunder in Paradise it stuffs up a lot. The first 5 mins or so of interactive movie it works ok but it usually pauses on a FMV cutscene and I have to press the button to skip to the next one. But it becomes a real nightmare when playing the FMV shooting scenes. The screen stops early and the enemies start appearing at the wrong time - like when my character is on the screen. Does anyone else have this trouble playing this game or it just my player? It can't be the disc because i've tried 2 different copies.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:43 am

Let me guess: a ripped download? They can be corrupt very easily.

(even when you have different sources, as basically everyone copies each others game, so eventually you get the same download)

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:20 pm

I think the ROM is ok. I don't understand how putting it on the internet would make it go corrupt, it should be the same regardless of who makes the image. i've been able to play it through a couple times since more or less normally and it's a dam good game when it works. btw do original copies always work perfect for you bas?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:34 pm

yes, I've never had any trouble with originals. I do have experienced corrupt CD-i ISO downloads. Quite a lot, actually, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Anyone else?

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:11 pm

All roms I downloaded from the internet either worked perfectly or didn't work at all.

I have original disks that do not work on my main player, but they do at least work on one of my players.

If an original disk is heavily scratched, you can make or download a rom to at least be able to play the game.

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:57 pm

Actually, the problem with downloaded games isn't that the iso file is often corrupt, but the simple fact that no CD-i is really good in reading burned discs. This is very noticeable for FMV games, as they require constant reading speed, but burned discs tend to produce more reading errors, which can cause stutter or even hanging.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:37 am

maybe then it would help to try a different brand of CDR's?

gtdalby
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by gtdalby » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:10 pm

And burn on as low speed as possible.

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:44 pm

gtdalby wrote:And burn on as low speed as possible.
Yes, you're right.