Pinout for Portable CDI370 Power Adapter

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
CDIuser
Burn:Cycle Activated

Pinout for Portable CDI370 Power Adapter

Post by CDIuser » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:34 pm

I just bought a CDI 370 without a power adapter or battery at a school surplus sale. Can anyone tell me the pinout of the DC-In connection? I have hundreds of power adapter and can possibly convert one of them to work if I know the voltage of each pin. Also, does anyone know the voltage and use of the 4 battery connections on the back? I would also like to make a car power adapter also. Thanks

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:41 pm

I've searched for the pinouts a while ago also, but wasn't able to find any information. All I can tell you is that the power brick outputs 21V DC at 1.7 Ampere.

As for the battery, it has 14.4V. I've wrote a guide how to replace the cells, it is still online:

http://www.retro-net.de/cdi/370_akku_de.htm

It's in German, but I'm pointing you to it only because of the pictures anyway. You can see how things are connected internally on them.

CDIuser
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by CDIuser » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:19 am

I did see your procedure to replace the cells in the battery. I had already printed them in case I get a battery in the future. I was wondering if you could use AA battery holders, AA NiMH rechargeable batteries (some are 2500mAh) found in Walmart and other stores and get even more running time plus being cheaper.

Do you know why there are 2 sets of positive and negative connections on the back of the CDI370 where the battery connects? Is one set for recharging and the other set for powering the player? If so do you know which one is for powering the player.

If no one has the pinout voltage I might try connecting 13.5 volts to the battery connection and see if I can power the player there.

Thanks

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:07 am

CDIuser wrote:Do you know why there are 2 sets of positive and negative connections on the back of the CDI370 where the battery connects?
One set connects to the battery pack, the other connects to the heat detector. The inner set is for the heat detector.