problems with another 910

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
russnoob
Burn:Cycle Activated

problems with another 910

Post by russnoob » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:16 pm

It sure is boring around here. I just got my CD-i from ebay. I loaded gamalon into the player but I got was the menu on my tv screen and ERROR flashing on the player's display. Any ideas about what's wrong and how to fix it. Also I've noticed that the disc does not spin if that helps. Thanks

bonav

Post by bonav » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:32 am

Unreadable disc. but you have to find out why. Either the disc or the laser mechanism.

russnoob

Post by russnoob » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:33 am

Well it can't be the disk. I tried three different discs and "faces of evil" has no scratches or smuges. Since it is the laser and not the timekeeper chip, am I able to link my CD-i model to my PC with the cable so I can play my games with the emulator?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:46 am

When you download the ROM from your player to your PC, the laser is not used so I'd guess that should work!
It sure is boring around here.
yes! but good times are heading ;)

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:06 pm

Bas wrote:....
yes! but good times are heading ;)
Ooooh sounds intriguing, any hints on what your planning this time?

As for the technical issue, it makes sense to assume that the laser wouldn't be used for something not disc orientated, but as I admit im no full on techy so i could be totally wrong.