Sierra - Kings`s Quest / Police Quest

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Sierra - Kings`s Quest / Police Quest

Post by Bas » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:18 pm

Cool!

"Sierra, responsible for such classic series as Space Quest, King's Quest and Police Quest are being re-released this March. The new compilations, which are compatible with Windows XP, will retail for $19.95 through Target and other retailers."

Those games were one of the best I've played!!

Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Ruekov » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:13 pm

Hello!

The adventure games are one of my favorite genere of games. I like Space Quest, Gabriel Knight's, grim fandango, dott, etc.

But this new is old, look here (in spanish). Sierra in vivendi doesn't work... was a problem.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:06 pm

R.W. was convincing me to play these games the whole time I was in the States! Seemed to miss them to be honest, I opted for the Monkey Island series and Indiana Jones by Lucas Arts when they were good which kept me entertained years ago.

Come to think of it Lucas Arts all went wrong the moment they started to do Star Wars games. Strange really as they held off on making these early on to create better original IP development outside of the Star Wars universe and what great IP's they were to.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Ruekov » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:50 pm

Devin wrote:Come to think of it Lucas Arts all went wrong the moment they started to do Star Wars games.
Yes !! after starwars, lucas arts only makes star wars games...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:07 pm

It's a great shame and the biggest mistake they ever made.

I remember reading or seeing some documentary about the studio that George Lucas actually created the division with the expressed wish that NO STAR WARS games are produced from the start. Unusual seeing as he was the king of merchandising which is how he made his fortune!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"