last CDi game or program released?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
thomas
Softech Recruit

last CDi game or program released?

Post by thomas » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:14 pm

Official, no homebrew. and which year. also not the GDG late releases

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:59 pm

Hmmm official release, you mean through Philips Media? I guess that would be Atlantis- The Last Resort, developed by Philips and then published by them about a year after the format was truly abandoned. Being CD-i it isn't this simple Tetsuo Gaiden and The Lost Ride came along and were not published by Philips! To confuse matters further consider Solar Crusade from Infogrames [now Atari]. They bought alot of materials from Philips when the media division wound down and were still not sure what precisely. So maybe it's Infogrames that can claim the last CD-i release ever. Open to debate really! :wink:

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:20 pm

The infogrames releases are still official releases in my opinion. I feel Solar Crusade, released in 1999, is the last official CD-i release. Softmachine follows with Lost Ride in 1998 and Creative media takes the third place with Whack a Bubble.

Although Infogrames released The Telesmurfer in french officially in 1998 :shock:

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:04 pm

See what a can of worms you've opened thomas! :roll:

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:46 pm

I know that SPC produced updates for professional titles about traffic rules until at least 1999...

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:40 pm

And I think there were also still discs made for CBR at that time.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:33 pm

Erronous wrote:And I think there were also still discs made for CBR at that time.
I think that's about the same ones cdifan is talking about, no?

The professional market was without any doubt more popular than the commercial market! Commercial titles ended with Solar Crusade in 1999. I wonder if anyone of you ever saw Solar Crusade in the shops. I never did, only via the Multi Media Club in the Netherlands (postal service!)