why do you like the CD-I?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.

Why Do u like the CD-I?

gives me a feeling like im in the 90s again ^^
40%
ya know... i dont know ROFL!
20%
i laugh at how bad the games are O.o BURN!(not most of them rock :D)
No votes
cuz i cant afford a new system LOL!
No votes
RETRO DUH!
40%

Total votes: 10

Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit
Location: InASmallCornerAlone... NOT im not an emo or anything! or am i?idonthaveaprobwithemostheyaresexyLOL

why do you like the CD-I?

Post by Vincent XIII » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:01 pm

i dont even know why i like it really but now im addicted and looking around which games i should buy and stuff

how i first found it is threw thos three Zelda games

Link: The Faces Of Evil

Zelda: The Wand Of Gamelon

Zelda's Adventure

i looked for thos ISOs for like 6 monthes! every site and everything found one french site La Mondu CD-I or something like that and downloaded L:TFOE tryed it and... it let me play it for 3 minutes... bummer huh... so now im like OMG I HAVE TO PLAY THE CD-I! CD-I lol and cant wait to get my first one ^^

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:13 pm

It's actually bad enough "La Mondu CD-I" ( :roll: ) has a closed section like that, but beware there are some corrupt files I noticed myself.

However, why I love the CD-i? I answered above with "I don't know" because it suits my reasons the most. I don't know why the system hooked me from the start but probably because it's origin is in the Netherlands, where I come from, it just has a great history involving the first videogames system in the world, the first internet connection on your television set, the introduction of movies on a digital format: the Video CD, some unique games and the introduction of revolutionary ports of arcade classics like Dragon's Lair and Mad Dog McCree. It's amazing how much effort Philips took to make CD-i a success, but such a pity the format never caught on.

There are a lot of great games however, and while the most known Nintendo games like Link: The Faces of Evil are not the best of the CD-i library, I recommend you to check out our growing CD-i reviewing index to find the opinions of CD-i games.

If I read it all, you don't have a player yet, do you? One great offer I saw recently, maybe you're interested in this one? Post a message and he'll respond!

Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit
Location: InASmallCornerAlone... NOT im not an emo or anything! or am i?idonthaveaprobwithemostheyaresexyLOL

Post by Vincent XIII » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:23 pm

dude ur amazing O.o lol i shall buy it asap :P right now im broke o.o lol!! parent dont give enough allowance these days :D dude netherlands sweet 8) iv always wanted to go there someday i heard its really nice ^^ im in the US its ok here but ive always wanted to be in like Japan or the Netherlands ^^

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:27 pm

Buy Mutant Rampage from me :D

vintagegamecrazy
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by vintagegamecrazy » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:51 pm

I kind of like a few of the games mostly Mystic Midway series but I just like retro and has a place in my heart for any system so I bought one and would like to build a better collection of game only titles.
John 3:16

cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

Post by cdoty » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:35 am

I became interested in the system when David Tucker was looking into it. He found out a lot about the CD-I years before anyone became interested in it. I finally got one almost 10 years after that. (I own 5 now). I acquired the CDI-602, followed by a CDI-605, for development. I was on a purchasing spree to buy as many CD based systems, that I could possibly release games on.
Visit RasterSoft on facebook or visit the website.