Is this a good idea?

CDinteractive aims to provide a stable hosting option to all CD-i related websites with a central core of a single forum from which to build a true community around the diverse offerings. To this end if you find any problems with hosted sites or dead links to various sections then please report them here.

Is this a good Idea?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Undecided
No votes

Total votes: 8

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Is this a good idea?

Post by Devin » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:51 pm

A simple question that I pose to the CD-i community, is this a good idea?

I've considered doing this for a very long time and in all honesty if ICDIA.org had still existed I would never have done this. As it turned out with the expiration of ICDIA.org it was obvious something HAD to be done. Fortunately Jorg (ICDIA Maintainer and an inspiration) wanted ICDIA to be resurrected in all its glory which reignited my interest in a massive hosting resource for the CD-i scene. Hopefully this means that no other CD-i resources need ever be lost as hosting is completely free and at my own expense.

However I still wish to maintain that unique diversity in the CD-i scene whilst building upon the dwindling community. To this end I thought a central Forum linked through all the hosted sites would be the ideal solution. Is this a good idea, feel free to voice your opinion below and vote.

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:48 pm

Right now still 100% in favour :).

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:20 am

well it was for sure that the cd-i scene could use a vibe, during the past months it seemed like fading away! But now the whole machine is running again, which feels good! Storing more sites under one roof was always the right thing to do IMO, knowing the 'sheer' size of cd-i fans... Unfortunately there were (and still are) a few ones against that.

With a first step taken i'm sure more will follow.

So it's a definite over the top 200% in favour.