I love my avatar

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

I love my avatar

Post by Bas » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:13 pm

Seriously, I do. Is it hard to create these? Can I do it myself? Can we create a gallery for our members to pick out an avatar like this? I highly recommend you all to take an avatar. Do it :D

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:16 pm

Good! It involved playing Hotel Mario all the way through the first 10 levels making sure NOT to die when the music stops playing, otherwise CD-i Emulator gets the dreaded 'Dirty Disk' message. Then Mario had to jump in an elevator when Morton got in the same one passing paths so he coughed up Mario's hat upon exiting the lift! Easily my favourite boss level of Hotel Mario and the best implemented both through gameplay and visually animated.

Then of course all I had to do was capture the screen and white out all the background except the Morton sprite itself. Transparent effects 'on' then we're in business with your GIF! So in short, getting the image capture to start with is the hardest part.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:22 pm

Aha, so it's still a print-screen/copy/paste/paint job in the end? I thought, maybe there is a way to trace the file with the original sprites out of the disc. Perhaps that's impossible? In theory, that's the best way to go, right?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:27 pm

Maybe it could be done with a special program in the future? The print-screen/copy/paste/paint job is the only method available at the moment however!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"