Successful battery replacement on a 450 :)

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
CD-i 450
Burn:Cycle Activated

Successful battery replacement on a 450 :)

Post by CD-i 450 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:07 pm

Yes another thread by me! well I just discovered the cd-i so you guys will have to excuse me for spamming the forum , I just wanted to show off my successfull battery replacement on a cd-i 450 , I spent some 6 hours on this bastard! :)

ImageImageImage

Theres no way of doing this in a gentle way and I can say that the Time keeper IC can take a punch in the nuts and still survive so its not as fragile as you might think.

This very simple tutorial is great , I highly recommend all unemployed cd-i owners with alot of time to try it;) http://cdii.blogspot.com/2009/03/pictur ... epair.html

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Nice work!

I've taken apart a player only once couldn't fix the problem. Put it back together and voila it worked! It's since broken down again however :?

Karoshiga

Post by Karoshiga » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:28 am

I just successfully did the same on my 450 this afternoon, although my job looks more sloppy :lol:

Sorry, I didn't take any pics, but I am going to attempt the same on my 220 in the near future so maybe I will have some then.

I can only say that I am no pro at modding, just intermediate, but I actually did this in a rush and it works great.

One thing I didn't do, however, was cut the casing all around the original battery and remove it. I just exposed the contacts at the end of the chip and disconnected the positive.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the info. Nice to be able to finally save games.

Karoshiga

Post by Karoshiga » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:01 pm

Success on my 220/37 as well. At first I was thrown off because my time keeper chip said M48T08B-15 instead of M48T08 150 (and also didn't say "Lithium Battery" on the chip), but after seeing the pics at this page http://www.richardlagendijk.nl/cip/arti ... keeper_fix I felt brave enough to try it.

Same procedure and works great. Still no pics because my wife was away with the camera. But yes, this method is a great solution.

Karoshiga

Post by Karoshiga » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:48 pm

And, just finished a successful mod on my 910/17P. It was a lot tighter job as the chip was right next to the power supply connector and casing, but I still did it without removing the board. 3 in one week. This mod is easier than it seems, I didn't spend more than 1 hour on each. Mostly a ball shaped dremmel type tool on an electric drill, then just minor scraping and soldering.

CD-inexperience

Post by CD-inexperience » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:18 am

Alright, you fixed a 910! I might need your services one day.